You are here
The Peaceful Parent: How to Keep Your Cool and Raise Happy, Respectful Kids (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Are you tired of shouting?Do you long for a peaceful home, where your kids are happy and respectful?Parenting today can be exhausting. In the midst of our hectic lives, it can seem like an endless stream of conflict. We struggle to cope with kids who won't listen, don't cooperate and show little respect. So often, we feel like our only option is to shout and punish them in a desperate attempt to gain some control. But we soon learn that this rarely works in the long term.But there is a better way This essential and easy to use guide is packed with insights and useful, practical advice that will help turn things around for you and your family. Here's what you'll learn:
- Simple yet powerful strategies to understand your emotions and break free from 'reactive' parenting.
- What happens in your brain when you lose your cool; how you can manage triggers and retrain your responses to stress.
- Four Practical Pillars to become a peaceful parent, along with advice and tips on how to implement these into your life.
- How to deal with challenging children: understand what is going on in their minds and what drives their behaviour.
- What NOT to do: learn about habitual parenting methods that don't work, how they undermine respect, and why they are ineffective.
- How to implement new and effective ways of communicating that will transform your relationship with your kids.
- A new approach to deal with conflict which will alter your family dynamics and build respect.
- How to set and maintain effective boundaries while harnessing the power of consequences.
- How to use 'time out' effectively BUT not as a punishment - a step-by-step guide included.
- Constructive ways to reshape your child's self-image, build their self-esteem and confidence.